Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Farm Fun

Fall is a wonderful time of year in Northeast Ohio. Beautiful fall colors, cooler days, and harvest make it a great time to be on the farm. I've captured some fall scenes from our dairy. . . .

Our family; Garrett (10), me, Jack (7) and Lad. . . .

 Jack and Garrett checking the corn. . . .

Corn harvest. . . .

Lad checking the rye grass planted after the corn was harvested. . . .

Curious cows walking down the lane. . . .

One of our pretty Red & White Holsteins relaxing in her bed. . . .

 The calf pen. . . .

Jack busy at work while one of our farm cats watches him. . . .

Two of our favorite farm cats. . . .

Garrett cleaning up the tractor in preparation for visitors to our dairy. . . .

Jack helps prep the pedal tractors for "Tractor Fun Day" . . .


We hosted several Special Events at our dairy this fall. Here are some memories from these events.

People liked exploring the real tractors and riding pedal tractors. . . .

Feeding a calf at "Dairy Farmer for a Day". . . .

Fun with calves at Cow Tales Adventure . . . .

Watching the cows being milked. . . .

A hayride on a cloudy fall day. . . .

The hayride stops in the freestall barn for time to talk and answer questions. . . .

All this activity wore Jack out!

Fall is the gift we get each year before winter so we're cherishing every moment!


4 comments:

  1. Love your curious cow photo!!!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and the dairy. I've been looking for pictures to share with children about dairies in a little book. Could I use the picture of your son feeding a calf, your farm family picture, and a picture of the cows in the barn? Let me know. You are welcome to look at my website www.childrensworkbox.com I do curriculums and and visit classrooms as a storyteller. Your blog is wonderful! I live in the middle of dairy country in central PA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose. Yes, you can use the photos from my blog. Please credit me (Brenda Hastings) as the photographer. The little boy feeding the calf is a visitor at our farm, he isn't my son. Thanks for helping me share the story of dairy farming!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment! I’m opening the doors of our farm to share with you and enjoy engaging in discussion. Please be respectful in your comments. I reserve the right to remove posts that include name calling, slander, and vulgar language or contain links to websites that assault animal agriculture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...