Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Rock's Got Milk!

Last week I wrote about the "God Made a Farmer" commercial which aired during the Super Bowl. That was my favorite, but there was another commercial that got my attention. Have you seen this new Got Milk? spot featuring The Rock? It was shown for the first time during the Super Bowl.


Speaking of the Super Bowl, did you know that dairy farmers and professional football players have something in common? We’re both interested in promoting healthy kids. Dairy farmers and the NFL are partners in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program which encourages school-age children to eat healthy and get 60 minutes of physical activity every day.


Millions of children in more than 73,000 schools across the U.S. are participating in Fuel Up to Play 60. That means more kids are getting active and eating healthy foods, which include dairy products like milk, yogurt and cheese.

Click here for Fuel Up to Play 60 resources, downloadable tools and videos.
Follow Fuel Up to Play 60 on Facebook.

Thank you for drinking milk and including dairy foods in your snacks and meals!

As a point of interest, Chrysler agreed to donate $100,000 to the National FFA Foundation per 1 million times the "So God Made a Farmer" ad was seen, shared or emailed on its website. Chrysler agreed to donate up to $1 million, this target was met in less than five days! 

3 comments:

  1. I had not seen that commercial until I read your post. With me also coming from a background in dairy farming, I love seeing "Got Milk" posters all over the place and commercials like this. I also think that it is exciting that the NFL is partnering up with Fuel Up to Play 60 so kids will be more active and it will help promote the dairy industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long time Ram owner and this commercial spot was awesome. Didn't know about the donation in addition. Can't wait to tell my husband...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment! I’m opening the doors of our farm to share with you and enjoy engaging in discussion. Please be respectful in your comments. I reserve the right to remove posts that include name calling, slander, and vulgar language or contain links to websites that assault animal agriculture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...