Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How is U.S. Milk Used?

I recently read a report about how milk is utilized in this country. I found it interesting and wanted to share it with you. In 2012, U.S. dairy farmers produced about 200 billion pounds of milk. This graph displays how this milk was used (numbers represent millions of pounds of each product produced):


Curious about how dairy product consumption has changed over the last 10 years? This graph illustrates the percent change in dairy product production:


The dramatic change in yogurt production is most likely attributed to the Greek yogurt craze. The only two products that didn't experience growth were fluid milk and frozen products (ice cream). This is a reflection of how our eating habits and lifestyles have changed.

It's good to see people continue to enjoy dairy products. Thank you for supporting American dairy farm families!







2 comments:

  1. Great post full of information that is so 'close-to-home' for everyone! I think I'm the one using most of the butter. My oatmeal cookies. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa! Baking with butter makes the best desserts!

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment! I’m opening the doors of our farm to share with you and enjoy engaging in discussion. Please be respectful in your comments. I reserve the right to remove posts that include name calling, slander, and vulgar language or contain links to websites that assault animal agriculture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...